The Brand Idea is the theme of the positioning strategy. Unfortunately, many so-called brands lack an idea. Consequently, their positioning strategy is undifferentiated versus the competition. Instead, their products are like eggs. They do the same things, work in the same general ways, and produce the same basic outcomes.
How we serve-up our egg makes all the difference in driving preference for our brand. In this special video presentation of DISPATCHES, https://vimeo.com/171413369 Richard shares the need for the Brand Idea. It is essential in winning in this “age of sameness and abundance” where GAQ (generally acceptable quality) reigns.
A few comments:
- While it is a presentation Richard made to a pharmaceutical company, it applies equally to any sector.
- While it is five years in the past, it is as relevant today as it was then.
- The only difference worth noting is that Richard is now 73-years old (will be on 6 April) and recently celebrated 50-years of marriage (without the benefit of using any AXE products).
- If you don’t have a Brand Idea that differentiates you from your competition, then you are guilty of making a critical marketing error.
- If you want to speak with Richard, his new telephone number is 847-312-8822.
You can learn more about the Brand Idea and Brand Positioning Strategy development in Richard’s new book, AVOIDING CRITICAL MARKETING ERRORS: How to Go from Dumb to Smart Marketing http://bdn-intl.com/avoiding-critical-marketing-errors
Please note the following:
- If you order the book, be aware that the paper version may take a few weeks for you to receive. You will, however, receive the e-book immediately should you choose that option.
- If you order the e-book on Amazon, click “Kindle.” You do not need the Kindle device. You can download the book and read it on your iPad.
We hope you will find the video, regardless if we have shared it live with you in our many workshops around the world, informative and thought-provoking. We hope it will get you to re-examine your Brand Positioning Strategy to ensure it contains a relevant, meaningfully differentiated Brand Idea. It will help lead you to make your Brand Positioning Strategy more impactful and drive customer preference for your brand.
Stay safe and be well,
Richard Czerniawski and Mike Maloney