Director Level Marketing Position Available
This individual will be the Senior Marketer and the manager of a solid marketing team for a client in the Animal Health Industry. This company is ranked #2 on the list of the Top 20 employers in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industry and the top 3 attributes are: loyal employees, innovative leader in the industry and employees treated with respect. Our Client is the industry leader in the US in the Swine Biologicals arena with a 30% share of the market and growing. They have been adding key players to their sales and marketing team and want to bring in a strong marketing leader.
Our Client develops and markets a broad range of products and technologies worldwide for horses, cattle, swine, and companion animals. They have a top-of-the-line production facility completed in 2002, a significant R&D link to Iowa State and their own diagnostic Health Management Center (HMC). This HMC has received numerous ISO and Six Sigma awards and accreditations, as recently as the fall of 2006 and is the only one in the Animal Health field in the US.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position is a direct report to the Director, Swine Division. The primary responsibility is to develop the total marketing plan for the company and the products to go to market both in the short and long term . . . as well as to provide product positioning, promotion and pricing directions for their swine products to large swine producers and veterinarians, in conjunction with their professional sales force. This individual must be able to work closely with sales, finance, R&D and their Professional Services team of Veterinarians to effectively position their products in the areas of differential advantages relating to safety, efficacy, features, and benefits.
- Agriculture, Life Sciences or Business degree with a Sales and Marketing emphasis.
- Advanced graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
Candidate Criteria – Required Skills/Experience:
Qualified Candidates for this position should have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience with a consistent track record of exceeding assigned objectives. Specific skills required are:
- High personal integrity.
- Experience developing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding assigned goals with and through cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading a successful product marketing team.
- Previous farm background/livestock production experience is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive swine industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey intangible service benefits to key decision-makers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills that place customers and prospects at ease and builds a high degree of trust with key decision-makers and BIVI management.
- Training &/or experience in Classical Brand Management
For a comprehensive Position Profile, please send resume to: email@example.com.
Westerberg & Associates, Inc. has been a Retained Executive Search firm since 1994.