ANNOUNCEMENT: BDNI DOES NOT HAVE AN OPEN PROGRAM
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING AN OPEN
PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT THE CENTRAL DIVISION OFFICES OF BDNI AT
800-255-9831 (620-431-0780) OR EMAIL LORIVAN@BDN-INTL.COM OR CENTRALDIVISION@BDN-INTL.COM
FOR MORE INFORMATION
ANNOUNCING THE 2013 BDNI
POWER POSITIONING “OPEN” COLLEGE
BDNI is once again planning to conduct our annual “Open” College in Chicago - this year's date is set forTuesday-Wednesday (October 1st & 2nd) and Thursday-Friday (October 3rd & 4th) at the Hotel Orrington, 1710 Orrington Avenue, in the beautiful suburb of Evanston, Illinois. But this year we are trying something new: because it has become harder and harder for everyone to commit to three full days out of the office, we are offering our Power Positioning & Leadership Communications College in two 2-Day parts:
I. Power Positioning College—October, 2013
II. Leadership Communications College—October, 2013
As with all of our previous “Open” Colleges, both of these will be open to all marketing industries (FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Financial Services, and so on). And, consistent with our past “Opens,” each will be highly interactive with ample time for participants to practice their coaching skills…to add value to key strategic and creative efforts.
The BDNI “Open” College provides a unique opportunity to develop best practices and skills for a number of marketers in different situations within their companies—for example:
- Companies that do not have a sufficient number of marketing personnel to conduct their own, customized College on their own campus;
- Companies who wish to check-out the BDNI approach, prior to scheduling their own, customized program on their campus;
- Companies that have already conducted a customized program on their own campus, but have some new marketing personnel who were not on-board at the time;
- And, any marketer who simply wants to improve her or his skills in brand-building, positioning, and communications.
Over the years participants at BDNI “Open” Colleges have consistently rated their experiences as “extremely useful.” Plus, so many “graduates” tell us how much they have enjoyed the chance to meet and work with marketers across a wide range of product categories and classes. Quite simply, everyone has a great time!
At this October’s Power Positioning College, here are some of the things participants can expect to learn and practice:
1. The Brand Idea Concept—a “sound-bite” synopsis or mantra of the Brand Positioning
2. Brand Positioning as the Brand’s “Blueprint”—the strategic “specs” that govern everything the Brand does (not just what it says)
3. The 7 Components of a Positioning Strategic Target—including Demographics, Psychographics, Condition (or Life-Stage or Occasion, depending upon category of product), Driving Attitudes, Current Category Usage & Dis-satisfactions, “Telling” Behaviors, and Needs
4. The 2 Dimensions of the Competitive Framework—both the Literal Market the Brand plays in and the Perceptual “Label” that further differentiates the Brand
5. The Distinction between Features & Attributes and Benefits—along with the many uses of the “Benefit Ladder”
6. The Many Classifications of Reasons Why—from intrinsic types to extrinsic types
7. Appreciation of the Brand Character—as a strategic differentiator!
8. The “5 C’s” of Technical Competence—or how to ensure the Brand Positioning is Clear, Complete, Competitive, Cohesive, and Choice-Full
9. Use of the Brand Positioning “Add-Valuator”—a checklist for Brand Teams to use while working on positioning…as well as a guide for coaching
10. The Many Uses of the Positioning Matrix—for competitive assessment and for portfolio management
11. Power Positioning Principles—including how to offensively “pro-sition” a Brand rather than defensively “re-position” one
12. Use of the “Power Positioning Daisy”—to cross-check and display all the key initiatives for the Brand…to ensure each is “on positioning
It makes no difference whether you are currently responsible for (a) creating a Brand Positioning for a new product, or (b) for monitoring a global Brand Positioning, or (c) implementing or adapting a global or regional Brand Positioning in a local market…everyone in Marketing needs to understand the fundamentals of competitive Brand Positioning, needs to be able to converse intelligently about them, and—most important of all—needs to understand the Brand Positioning they are trying to implement. So, the BDNI Power Positioning College is a MUST for Global, Franchise, Regional, Local, and Field Marketers, whatever industry they happen to be engaged in.
TO ENROLL OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT THIS YEAR’S POWER POSIIONING “OPEN” COLLEGE
please contact BDNI Director of Operations, Lori Vandervoort at:
or click here to enroll online
Look for more information in the upcoming week’s DISPATCHES.
We hope to see you in Chicago in October!
Richard Czerniawski & Mike Maloney
© 2003 Brand Development Network (BDN) International. All rights reserved.